Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Bible in 90 Days - What I'm Learning



I began reading my Bible from the beginning a couple of days ago. I took on this challenge with a bunch of other bloggers with Amy at Mom's Toolbox bringing us all together. If you go to her blog and scroll down a little, there is a whole list of links in the right sidebar to other bloggers that are participating. I know God is good and powerful and awe inspiring, but it still floors me some times how people come together. If you would have asked me 2 years ago if a Bible study with women across the country was possible, I would have said NO WAY. But with internet, email, blogs, facebook and twitter, it all is possible. Prasie God!

Some of my favorite verses from yesterday's reading were Genesis 18:14, Genesis 21:1, and Genesis 28:15.

Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son. Genesis 18:14

Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. Genesis 21:1

I am with you and will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. Genesis 28:15

Is anything TOO HARD for the Lord? Of course not, but I forget sometimes and think why should I bother Him with this...it's too hard...too difficult to change...too much work involved. The list goes on and on, but what am I really getting at? It's too hard for me! Not for God! After all, he gave Abraham and Sarah a child in their old age. Why shouldn't I trust Him?

The Bible is full of promises (and instructions) and not just promises for Abraham and Sarah, but promises for me and for you...for today! How can I apply this to my life? The Lord is always with me...I will be present with Him! Throughout my day, I will commune with Him...while teaching Charlie, while preparing meals, while folding laundry, while blogging and everywhere else. I know it's only day 2, but I'm loving this focused quiet time with my Lord and want to have that flow into every other aspect of my life.

My prayer...Lord, give me peace and comfort in knowing you are it - you are ALL - you are here with me always and that you are present in this world. Forgive me for the times I think things are too big to pray about and for the times that I think things are too small and that I can handle them on my own. Continue to give me opportunities to practice my faith and trust in you...Give me the faith of Abraham! In Jesus name I pray. Amen

God bless!

blog comments powered by Disqus