Friday, February 12, 2010

Bible in 90 Days Reflections


I realize it has been about 2 weeks since I'm written about my reading. I am still caught up.....yeah!! I struggled for awhile, but I think I have figured out a better rythme to it all. I am not taking as many notes, but just marking passages and verse right in my Bible that I want to come back to. I think it has also helped that I got through Chronicles and have gotten into books that I think are easier to read. 

The last few days I have been reading in Psalms...one of my favorite books and am loving it.  Yesterday, I read over at Ruth's blog.....in times of troubles we should read Psalms, searching not for an answer but an attitude. I think that explains my feelings perfectly.....actually my feelings about the Bible in general. I often sometimes need an attitude adjustment and I always can find it in the pages of the greatest Book.

 When I think of Psalms, I think of praising Him always.....in good times and in bad. A few of my favorite verses from the last few days.....

Psalms 18:2 - The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalms 18:19 - He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

Psalms 25:4-5 - Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 78:1-4 - O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old - what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.

Psalms 101:1-3 - I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will sing praise. I will be careful to lead a blameless life - when will you come to me? I will walk in my house with blameless heart. I will set before my eyes no vile thing.

Thank you Lord for your great Word and all that I am learning! Praise to yuo today and always!

God bless!
blog comments powered by Disqus