Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2, 2009

Joe has been busy, busy with work. We seem to pick up odd jobs sometimes that don't really fall into our normal realm of business. This week they worked on building a firepit and sitting area for a client of ours and it is looking really good. It would look really good here in our backyard, too!! There is always the usual things like fence installation going on to.

Charlie and I are currently having a little power struggle...she seems to think she is the boss! Partly my fault for not following through with discipline and for letting some things slide and partly her just being 2. It's almost funny how stubborn she can be. We have made a new rule - all eating - snacks and meals are done at the table with her strapped into her booster seat. Sunday night at supper, she threw a fit for about 20 minutes before she decided she would eat. Since then there have been a few issues, but mostly she goes right to her seat and sits and waits for her plate. It's a nice change that we can eat peacefully and with out the arguments.

Pregnancy is going well...my feet however look like bear claws, they seem to be swollen from the moment I get up in the morning. My midwife wasn't concerned last week, but I'm interested to see what she will tell me at my appointment next week. I'm so ready to be done but not so ready all at the same time. Most of the not ready is me being unrealistic on what things really are important to get done. I can't wait to meet this little girl!
blog comments powered by Disqus