Saturday, February 16, 2013
A few quick updates...
1. My not-so-little boy has been sleeping in a big boy bed since Wednesday night and is loving it! Now, if only I could get all three of them to actually sleep through the night.
2. Same little boy is also sort of potty training. If I let him be completely naked all day long, he would never have an accident. Just like the other little ones I've trained, he can go 8 hours with out an accident and then have 3 in a matter of an hour.
3. I'm in a cycle of over-doing it all day (nesting??) or not feeling like doing anything at all. I've managed to go through all the kids totes of clothes, cleaned out and organized both Joe and I's closets and donated about 8 bags of clothes in the process. I also pulled out the bassinet and a few baby clothes. But at the same time, I can't stay on top of the laundry or the dishes.
4. Puppy has been renamed by daddy - Hershey. Daddy also dropped a post on him last weekend and he was a limping hurting little guy for a few days. He is doing much better now and I'm guessing shortly you won't even be able to tell that he was injured.
5. I have gardening on the brain, even though it's been snowing off on on for the last week. My plan is to get some seeds started indoors this weekend...it has been on my to-do list for a few weeks already. I also need to sit down and plan out where everything needs to get put in the ground once it warms up. I do have some help lined up for this gardening season, but it will be a lot easier if I have a plan somewhat set up. It's kind of hard when you think of throwing a newborn into the mix.
6. The kids and I are off to Bible Study this morning and Daddy left to pick up a new to us big square baler for the upcoming haying season.
Have a blessed weekend!
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Thursday, February 7, 2013
The beginning of this pregnancy seemed to move really slow...but the last few weeks have flown by. I'm sure the rest of this pregnancy will move by just as quickly. I'm feeling the urge to 'nest, nest, nest' but also only have energy right now to accomplish probably half of what is on my 'to-do-list'.
It seems somewhat weird to say that I'm looking forward to labor and delivery, but I am really looking forward to birthing this little one at home. I've ordered my birthing kit that the midwives need and was just googling what else I should have on hand for the birth...like extra towels, sheets, etc. I still need to check my essential oil and herb stash and probably order a few things for labor prep, etc.
I also still need to line up renting a birthing tub. I wanted to have a waterbirth with all the other kids, but there always seemed to be too many interventions while in the hospital and it just never worked out that way. My other three labors went fine, but looking back I definitely see things that I wished I had done differently.
I'm tempted to just buy a tub, but Joe and I do feel like this will probably be our last baby so spending the money on owning one is probably not necessary. Last baby means we should firm up our birth control plans from here on out, too.
This has been more and more talk of baby names and we still don't have any firm winners yet. The girls have opinions and this time around we need to think of both girl and boy names since we don't know what this little one is yet. Cori's current girl names are 'Apple' and 'Mya'. Charlie's favorite right now is 'Georgia' if we have a girl. Boys names are a entirely different story here...we have always had a hard time coming up with a few choices for boy names.
I had a short midwife appointment earlier this week and all is looking well. My blood pressure has been great at my last couple of appointments...it's usually on the low side of high when I'm pregnant. I'm measuring right on and baby is moving around like crazy. I'm still getting kicked pretty hard and regularly up in my rib cage. One of midwives, Jane, did remind me the other day that that won't happen anymore once this baby is born...she was trying to be funny I think.
I'm loving this pregnancy and how nice it is to see my midwives right at one of their homes. I haven't needed to do any unnecessary testing...yeah for no glucose test! I thought I would miss not having an ultrasound done, but it hasn't been an issue either. I still get to hear little one's heartbeat...just with a fetal stethoscope rather than a doppler.
I'll try and add a photo tomorrow. I'm getting bigger...no more regular jeans for this girl.