Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Joseph Jr. - 5 Months (Part 2)

Part 1 - Here

With the return of icky, red sore skin for the babe, Joe and I spend a good chunk of time brainstorming what else was different during the weekend we were camping (besides being out of our house). We couldn't really think of anything I didn't eat or did eat that was different than what we were already doing. I still took all my vitamins and supplements all weekend, so it couldn't be a reaction to one of them.

But we did come up with one thing...water. I drink a lot of water at home and away from home. I had drank bottled water all weekend while camping and then went back to our tap water when we got home. 

We had already changed so many things, why not try something else especially since it seemed like it just might be an answer. So, I've been drinking bottled water for the last 10 days or so. Within the first 3 or 4 days, his skin improved dramatically. I definitely think, the water is at least a part of the issue. 


05-11-11


05-19-11


05-19-11

See how nice it had cleared up towards the end of last week.

Not exactly the end of the story. The doctor and I did discuss me reintroducing some foods that I had eliminated to see if Joseph would still have a reaction. I was not planning on starting with dairy...pretty sure that there would be a reaction. Over the weekend, I had some cream cheese frosting while making Charlie a birthday cake.

And guess what, totally broke out again. I'm assuming at this point it is the dairy that set off this current breakout. If not, I don't even know where else to look. And not nursing isn't really an option right now. I tried to get him to take a bottle a couple of weeks ago and he was having none of it.

On a positive note, it hasn't spread beyond his cheeks and we have found a lotion that seems to really help. We will just continue to pray that we find more answers and that mama has the strength to make it through all these hurdles.

God bless!
blog comments powered by Disqus