Not even sure where to start...months behind on updating and I'm pretty sure there is no way I can remember what we did even last week.
A few low-lights and high-lights from the last week or so...
* I paid a $20 fine for overdue books at the library...seriously $20
* We did finally make it to the library and for story-time even
* Joseph pooped on the couch, pooped on the floor and wrote on the dining room wall with a sharpie...all in the span of 2 days
* There is no worries about any of my children not being 'regular'
* One of my laying hens accidentally drowned herself in the cow's water tank...must have been pretty thirsty
* Joe's brother has 3 more hens for me...just need to go and pick them up
* We basically haven't done 'school' at all in the last few weeks
* I just ordered new curriculum that hopefully will get us all back on a better schedule and back in the swing of things
* We are still canning away here. The last week we have managed to put up - 56 quarts of grape juice, 30 pints of bbq sauce, 5 quarts and 6 pints of tomato soup
* Arthur is sitting up all by himself and doesn't seem too far away from crawling. The last 5 months have gone by way too fast.
* I have managed to bag up and get rid of about 20 garbage bags full of clothes...a lot donated, some bagged up for friend's that are expecting a baby girl and some for the 2 of our youngest nieces.
* All the purging and it is evident that Charlie needs new shoes and Cori needs new pants and Arthur needs a winter coat and everyone may need winter boots.
* Grandma Lu and Papa Joe babysat our kids today...even Arthur...everyone survived and Arthur even drank breastmilk out of a bottle (a first for him). Joe's parents are awesome!...sure we will keep the baby though you never leave him anywhere, sure we will give him a bottle even though he has never had one of those either.
* Arthur has taken a liken to real food and is loving eating a meal with everyone else. So far he has eaten everything we have tried...squash, sweet potatoes, avocado, peaches, pears, peas, carrots...and probably something else I'm forgetting.
* Children...all of them...have been sleeping horribly. They all think they should be in our room and sometimes in our bed. Joseph comes in around 2 am pretty consistently.
* I keep reminding myself that some day I will get to sleep.
Arthur - 5 months old
Charlie - 6 years old
Joseph - 2 3/4 years old
Cori - 4 years old
Hopefully more posts to come - summer weddings, summer and fall camping trips, both girls learning to ride bikes without training wheels, kids all growing taller by inches in a few short months and more and more.