Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 - A Little Review


This past year has flown by. I feel like a million things have happened, but can't remember anything.

The winter was spent...
               ...playing in the little snow we had...
               ...garden planning and dreaming...
               ...business and work prepping...







In March, we had this little bull calf born right here on our little farm...

Moosely ~ He looks so little here. 
He has grown into a monster of a calf in the last 9 months

By April, we had the greenhouse planted and the beginning of our massive gardening projects had begun. I tripled our garden space this year and feel so blessed that we were able to reap many rewards from it all. I love looking at all the canned goodies lined up on my cellar shelves.


Our Charlie turned 5 in May.


By summer, we added 5 new laying hens and a mama cow with twin calves to the Neaton ranch...


...and did a lot of canning...



Early August, we found out we were expecting our 4th little one and made the decision to have a homebirth with this baby (probably our last)...

...and celebrated Cori turning 3 (with pie, not cake).



In November, Joe and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. Grandma and papa Neaton were kind enough to take the kids for the night and we were able to get away by ourselves for the night.

One of the biggest accomplishments for our family happened in December - We became COMPLETELY DEBT FREE! I'm so proud of my husband and all his hard work. We planned, made changes and sacrifices and got it done.

December also brought, a new sister-in-law when my brother, Travis married his lovely bride Kelsey...


...and our littlest one, Joseph turned 2! It's so hard to believe how fast they grow and that soon we will have a 4th little one here.



God bless!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful year you've had Holly!  Congratulations on becoming debt free!  How wonderful. 

    I continue to be amazed at God's goodness through your brother.  God is good.

    Looks like 2013 is going to be a wonderful year for you Neaton's as well. 

    Are you planning your garden for next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garden planning is happening in my head as of now. We have decided we will do somethings differently than last year and I'm thinking a good organized plan is going to be necessary with a newborn in the mix come spring.

      Been thinking of you, sorry I haven't gotten at least a meal over to you yet...my days seem to disappear from me.

      God bless!

      Delete