Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recipes ~ Tried and Approved


I have found some great ideas, recipes, etc on Pinterest. Here are a few of the recipes we have tried out and enjoyed...

**Updated - I forgot some very yummy recipes (I'll blame it on pregnancy brain)...

Pumpkin Pie - Pumpkin pie made with maple syrup

Caramels - Butter, honey and cream...what could be better.

Monkey Bars - Banana bars with browned butter frosting...delicious and easy.


English Muffins - I've made these a few times over the last few years - before Pinterest. I just made them last weekend again and was reminded how easy and yummy they are.

Baked French Toast - I made this baked french toast for Christmas brunch with my family and it was a hit all around. I used a cinnamon bread rather than the sourdough and it was delicious.

White Bean and Kielbasa Stew

Gluten Free Carrot Cake - I made this gluten free carrot cake a long time ago, but we all loved it - more so than the gluten filled one I normally make. It did taste better a couple of days later after it sat for awhile. I used honey instead of the agave and I used a mix of butter and coconut oil instead of the grapeseed oil. I also increased the cinnamon and decreased the nutmeg a little.

Caramel Corn - This caramel corn is yummy and easy to make. We made a bunch and gave it as gifts for Christmas as well.

Homemade Ketchup - This homemade ketchup is super easy to whip up and it's yummy too. I add everything to a quart jar and mix with my hand blender. I go light on the seasonings and my family seems to like it better.


I know it's not really canning season right now, but here are a few new things I did this past year...

Canning Dry Beans - You need a pressure canner/cooker, but canning dried beans was super easy and so nice to have some on hand.

Rosemary Rhubarb Jam

Pineapple Zucchini - It's basically zucchini canned in a lot of sugar and pineapple juice and the end result tastes just like canned pineapple you would buy in the store. My kids have been eating it up...they do think they are actually eating pineapple though. Charlie would probably decline if she knew she was eating zucchini.


Happy Eating!
blog comments powered by Disqus