Saturday, April 10, 2010

Links and Stuff

Just want to share a few links and such that I loved recently.

First, if you are not watching Food Revolution, you should be. It is astounding to me what the attitude in this country is in regards to food. And it saddens me when I think about what children are eating. There is no way a french fry qualifies as a vegetable.....at least in my opinion.

A few people have asked about the english muffins I mentioned here. The recipe was from The Happy Housewife - here. They were really good and easy to make. I need to make another batch or two.

I won a book today over at Jenny's blog! I can't wait to see, it looks lovely. I think I connected with her through the Gratitude Community at Ann Voskamp's blog.

Speaking of Jenny, she wrote a wonderful post this week - The Worthiness of Ordinary - check it out.

And I always enjoy Ann's stuff. This week there was - weekends are for the mess and When it Comes Time to Really Die.

Kristen over at We Are That Family posted this week about teaching our children. She summed up well how I feel about teaching our children at home.....things that are important to us.....things we may not want them to learn about in a public school system. She made a great point that even if your children are in public school, we need to be intentional on what we do teach them at home as well. It's not just about being a homeschooler, but about being a parent.

That is enough for now. Have a wonderful weekend! We are off this afternoon to an Easter celebration with my family.

God bless!
blog comments powered by Disqus