Monday, December 21, 2009

Beginning the New Year Right - Bible in 90 Days

Many of you know that I meet weekly with a group of girlfriends for Bible Study. I cherish the time of fellowship with like-minded moms, but I feel like I'm not growing in my faith or my understanding of the Bible. It's no one's fault but my own. After all, getting together was my idea and I am technically in charge and still am not overly organized or prepared each week. I don't feel like I'm challenging myself (or anyone else) at all.

This is not a new thing. The Lord has been specifically convicting me of my lazyness and non-commitment in regards to my time with Him and in The Word for some time now. I've just been ignoring Him.....not cool, right? In the middle of this wrestling with God, I stumbled on to a wonderful blog and a wonderful plan. A plan to get my butt in gear, give MY LORD my time, and to do it with a bunch of new friends. Isn't it great the He doesn't give up on us and that His will and timing are perfect!?!

I'm not even sure where/how I originally stumbled on to Amy at Mom's Toolbox, but I'm glad I did! Her blog is full of useful and inspirational goodies. I love her S.O.A.P method of scripture study. I'm most excited (and a little nervous) about the Bible in 90 Days journey that will begin January 1, 2010 and end on March 31, 2010. The idea is to read the entire Bible in 90 days from beginning to end....about 12 pages per day. Amy will blog about it and a bunch of committed ladies will join in on the web, on their own blogs, etc. to do this together.

I don't know exactly how I'm going to make this work yet, but I am committed to doing it. I'm thinking I will be getting up early each morning to do my reading. My first thought is I don't need one more thing on my plate, but this is so important and I really need this. I need this for myself, for my kids, for my family! And truth be told, I waste a lot of time during the day with things that are not overly important. So, I'm sure I will be able to free up some time.

So, January 1, 2010, I will begin my reading. Click here and head on over to Mom's Toolbox and see who else is "in" on this Bible in 90 Days journey. Feel free to join in yourself and be sure to let me know if you do.

God bless!


blog comments powered by Disqus