Monday, March 1, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Days 48 to 54

Even though it has been about 2 weeks and 150 pages since I've updated, it doesn't mean I haven't been reading. Actually, I am on schedule and have stayed on schedule for the most part.

I just opened my Bible to do this post and went back to where I had left off with updates and the first verses I had underlined were.....

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

It was just what I needed to read again. I've been feeling like I need to do all these things and feeling ill-equipped to do many of them. I'm feeling better with the reminder that things are done in the right time.....in His time. Isn't it just great of God to speak to our hearts when we need it.

And visions of the Savior appear.....

Isaiah 7:14 - Therefore the Lord himeself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

Another verse that spoke to me.....

Isaiah 29:13 - The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men."

Am I really honoring the Lord with my heart, not just my words? It's easy to say the right things and fall into a ritual-like practic of faith, but is my heart right with God? Is my hope in Him?

Isaiah 40:31 - but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Some great reminders of why I am reading the Bible.....

Isaiah 55: 10-11 - As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Jeremiah 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

I'm hoping to update in the next day or so on Days 55 to 60. I can't even explain what this is doing in my days, but I'm loving my time with Him and in His Word.

God bless!
blog comments powered by Disqus