Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Days 5-10

So.....I spent the last 5 days reading Exodus and Leviticus and to be honest some of it was boring.....really boring.....lots of repetition. But with God's Word, there is always something to be learned. A few of my favorite verses were.....

Exodus 4:10-12 - Moses said to the Lord, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." The Lord said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

There are so many times that I am afraid to say something/anything because I don't trust that I have the words or that I will be able to say it in the right way. Lord, forgive me for not trusting that you are here to help me and that you will give me the words.

Leviticus 4:27 - "If a member of the community sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord's commands, he is guilty.

It's always a good reminder that sin is sin, even unintentional sin. This verse really makes me feel so thankful for Jesus. I mean you can't go through live without sinning, so to have that perfect sacrifice of Jesus is just amazing!

Leviticus is so full of rules, laws, rituals and sacrifices to understand and follow. I couldn't keep up. I couldn't imagine being there at that time and not yet knowing what was to come.....who was to come as the ultimate sacrifice. Lord, thank you for your son Jesus and all that he means for us. Thank you for your Word and for the insights and understanding that I am learning each day.

Head on over to Mom's Toolbox to check out what everyone else is learning from reading the Bible in 90 days.

God bless!

blog comments powered by Disqus