Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bible in 90 Days

I am behind in my reading by about a day...half way through Day 31 and I should be through Day 32. I even used my Bible on CD to listen to a couple of days over the weekend. So, since I didn't take as many notes, I don't have as much to share. I'm struggling through some of this, but am glad that I am actually reading parts of the Old Testament that I would normally have skipped over.

I just keep reminding myself.....

Isaiah 55:11 - so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

All scripture is God-breathed and it is important that I am reading and studying it, even if I am not fully understanding it right now.

1 Kings 8:58-61 (Solomon's prayer (partial)) - May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers. ...so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. ...

In Chronicles, there are pages and pages of genealogies listed. And it seems rather boring. But when I think about it more, I'm reminded that it is there for a reason. God cares about the details and about each person. He is reminding us that we are important, where we come from is important, it all matters together.

2 Chronicles 1:10 (Solomon and God are talking) - Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?

How cool is that, he asks for wisdom, not money or power, but wisdom. God is pleased with his request and gives him wisdom and knowledge.....and the wealth, riches and honor that he hadn't asked for. I wonder how we (generally speaking/our society as a whole) would respond today to God's question? What would we ask for? What would I ask for?

I would like to think I would ask for the same things Solomon asked for. I know I would love more wisdom and knowledge when it comes to being a better wife and a better mother. My people are my children.....wouldn't it be better to lead them and raise them with wisdom and knowledge from the Lord?

Head over to Mom's Toolbox and check in and see how other Bible in 90 Day readers and bloggers are doing.

God bless!
blog comments powered by Disqus