Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family on Thursday.

Charlie had fun playing with her cousins.

Cori liked all the attention.....for the most part. She wanted to be put down and left alone by the end of the day.

I only took 4 photos all day. It's pretty sad, but I was having such a good time getting everything together and being the hostess I love to be. Oh well, I'm hoping to get some copies from everyone else that was here.

We ate and ate and ate some more. We had an amazing amount of leftovers. I guess I didn't need the 24 lb turkey.

I tried a couple of new things...wonderful pie crust and Amanda's bacon-infused gravy. Amanda was right the gravy was amazing and the apple pie I made was yummy (I did use lard instead of the shortening). So, with all the bacon drippings and lard, I probably didn't need to add all the butter and cream cheese to the mashed potatoes. Oh, put they were so wonderful too!



My sister, Jessica, with Charlie and my nephew, Asher.



My little one, Cori.



The only picture of all the food.
This is the leftovers after we put them away.



Charlie crashed about 5:30 pm and was out for the night.
She sleep until 6:00 am Friday morning. Apparently all the fun and excitement wore her out.


It was great to see everyone. Such a blessing that we are able to get together. Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving! God bless!
blog comments powered by Disqus