Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today's Thankful Thought

Yesterday, my friend Danielle posted the following on Facebook.

Let's see how many people can do this. Every day this month until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for and post it as your status. "Today I am thankful for..." The longer you do it, the harder it gets! Now if you think you can do it then repost this message as your status to invite others to take the challenge, then post what YOU are thankful for today.

It got me thinking. I know I should be thankful in all things and I know I'm not always. My goal from here on out is to do just that - BE THANKFUL IN ALL THINGS! So, I thought I would share my thankful thoughts from yesterday and today and then add a 'Today's Thankful Thought' each day from here on out.

Yesterday - Today I am thankful for hot water! (Pauly, the wonderful plumber has been out the last 2 days to work on the water heater and it seems to be working perfect now.)
You don't really think about hot water until you don't have any. We had been having issues with the water heater off and on for a couple of months and it finally quite working the other day. Pauly the plumber was out on Tuesday and replaced the ignitor and all was well. I happily went on to do dishes and laundry the rest of the day. I even got to take a shower...with a 2 year old, but a shower none the less. Joe got in the shower that night and you guessed it - NO hot water. Pauly came out again on Wednesday and replaced some other part and it is working perfectly now! Yeah!

Today - Today I am thankful for a talkative 2 year old. Charlie says the cutest things and it brings a smile to my face!
It is just amazing to me the things that are said in our home. Things you never thought of hearing or saying in your lifetime...but with a 2 year old it all seems so so normal. Just last night I had to tell her..."No, I won't kiss your butt"..."I know you fell down and it hurts"..."But no, I won't kiss your butt." I mean seriously, it is sweet that she thinks a mommy kiss will make it all better, but I have to draw the line somewhere. And this afternoon, she came and told me..."I need to be nakie." I let her take her clothes off...she NEEDED to be after all.

I needed to share a couple of pictures of my beautiful, wonderful girls. I don't think I've posted any all week and what is a blog with out pictures? Mommyhood is hard some days (most days!?!), but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel so blessed that I am able to stay home with them and have the opportunity to take pictures of them each and every day.


I can't believe how big she is getting.
The last 3 months have went by so fast.


This picture makes me laugh. And not because Charlie has no clothes on...that's totally normal. Laughable because Joe had just said..."I'm feeling a little claustrophobic here girls." My only thought was - welcome to my world!


Charlie was laying on the floor talking to her baby sister and said..."Mom, take a picture." Why not, can't have too many pictures!


Cori is all about laughing, cooing, and babbling these days.


This is what I get when I ask her to look at me and say 'cheese'.


This isn't a very good picture but I thought it was cute anyways.
Charlie enjoyed her cheesy noodles so much tonight that she thought she would lick the plate.

God bless!

blog comments powered by Disqus