Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Gifts 2011


I was truly blessed this Christmas...in so many ways. I received wonderful gifts from wonderful people. I love gifting to others and try to give gifts that I think the receiver will enjoy and that are perfect for them, so it is awesome when I receive gifts that I know someone else put some thought into and picked it just for me.

A few mentionables...lovely earrings, a made-for-me apron and cookbook, and a lovely scarf.

Some of my other favorites...


Joe's cousin Becky had my name on the Neaton side and made this lovely star for me. There are photos of us and the kids on it and I love it...totally made me cry when I opened it.



She also gave me these photo jars with pictures of the kids in them.





My sweet husband bought me a new sewing machine. I can not wait to start using it. First thing to do is patch some of Joe's jeans, but then it's on to some fun projects. I'm thinking scarfs, aprons, bibs, skirts, bags and more...

Even with all the awesome gifts my favorite part of Christmas is the real reason for the season...

Christ's birth ~ My Savior

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Luke 2:10-12



I also am so blessed to get to spend Christmas and my life with my favorite people.....my hot husband and wonderful children.







God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful gifts indeed.  I am so in love with mason jars.  And actually the star as well!  I really love this post (I think the music of Ann's blog in the background adds something)!

    ReplyDelete