Sunday, December 18, 2011

Our New School Room

We are in the process of changing a smaller extra bedroom into a school room. We decided it would be nice to have a dedicated space for school at our home.


 This is the 'before'.



That little end table is going to get painted with chalkboard paint and will be an extra table for Cori and Joseph to use while Charlie and I are working on things.

I'm thinking I will put some sort of wall saying on that big open space on the wall above. And maybe some framed handprint art.

The cabinet will be used to store supplies, workbooks, etc. The bottom drawer has toys for the little ones in it.



 The rods will be used to hang artwork from and I am going to cut out the 'ART' on cardboard and wrap them in yarn and hang them back up on the wall.



The bulletin board is going to get hung on the wall. The jars are going to hold crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc and I'm planning on chalkboard labels for them.

For now we are using a 4 ft banquet table and folding chairs, but I would like to find a couple of old school desks. And I would like to put up some kind of smaller bookshelf.


God bless!

2 comments:

  1. it looks awesome. colorful and cheery. i can't wait to see pics with the kids artwork hanging

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try not to covet this CUTE schoolroom!  Great job!

    ReplyDelete